- 4 large Potatoes (sliced into wedges of 8)
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Crushed Onion paste
- <Crushed Garlic paste
- Crushed Green Chili paste
- ½ teaspoon Paprika powder
- Prepare 4 large potatoes (washed and cut into wedges of 8)
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees celcius
- Mix the potatoes in a large bowl with salt, pepper, olive oil, and add the crushed onions, garlic & chili paste. Add in the paprika powder and toss well
- Prepare a bake pan nicely coated with olive oil and arrange potatoes on the pan
- Put the potatoes into the oven and bake for 20 mins, remove and turn the potatoes to the other side and add thinly sliced butter on the potatoes and bake for another 20 mins for crispy and heavenly wedges.
The perfect Sour Cream Dip
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoon of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 table spoon lime/lemon juice
- Dill/chives leaves
- 5-6 parsley leaves
- Mix 1 cup of sour cream thoroughly with the cream cheese & mayonnaise until smooth texture
- Add in lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Finally stir in the dill/chives leaves and parsley and mix well. Serve chill with hot from the oven baked potatoes
– You can make your own sour cream paste at home simply by mixing 1 cup of heavy cream and ½ cup of butter milk
– Dill leaves give a nice texture and smell to sour cream dip while the chives give a sharpness or an onion pungent/fragrant. You can try both and use whichever you like.
– The cream cheese gives the sour cream a nice smooth & creamy texture while the mayonnaise adds sweetness to it. Kids love it!
– Taking out the potatoes from the oven and turning it the other side while adding little butter to it will give it a nice crisp on the outside and soft starchy flakes inside. It’s a great comfort food of all time! J
– Baked potato wedges are a healthy alternative to fried ones. Just the smell of these lovely wedges baking in the oven can satisfy your taste buds for the most comforting food ever.